How To Prepare Vendor Style Aloo Tikki At Home In Simple Way
Love the taste of aloo tikki but cannot tolerate the dirt and unhygienic at a vendors stall? Learn to prepare the yummy aloo tikki at home in just few simple steps. Similarly, you can prepare even better-tasting recipe at home with few ingredients at your disposal.
The potato aloo tikki is one of the best evening snacks that one can serve the family. Additionally, the simple Aloo Patty flooded with Meethi chutney, curd and coriander leaves make food simply exotic. Furthermore, crispy recipe will definitely leave you craving for more.
Ingredients required to prepare the recipe at home –
Per serving – 1 person
- 5 – 6 big potatoes
- Half tablespoon red chilli powder
- Half tablespoons Bhuna jeera powder
- half cup Meethi chutney
- Half cup dahi
- Dhaniya pudina chatni optional
- 2 tablespoon soya chunks
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
- 5 -6 nachos or mathri
- A handful of plain salted potato chips
Follow step by step guide to prepare best aloo tikki at home –
- Step 1 – pressure cook potatoes in order to make them soft.
- Step 2 – mash them and add 1 tablespoon red chili powder and salt followed by soya bean crumbs and bread crumbs
- Step 3 – prepare flat potato balls out of the same.
- Step 4 – take a non stick pan and grease it with some oil.
- Step 5 – put aloo ki tikki on a hot pan and fry it until it turns brown in colour. Fry Both the sides and drip oil repeatedly in order to make it crispy.
- Step 6 – take some curd and Meethi chutney in a vessel and whisk them together. You can increase the quantity of curd and Meethi chutney in case you find the aloo tikki recipe dry.
- Step 7 – put the mixture on aloo tikki and add 2 tbsp mint chutney.
- Step 8 – Sprinkle red chilli powder, salt and Bhuna jeera .
- Step 9 – Also, add mathri and plain salted potato chips by crushing it with your bare hand and spreading it over the recipe.
Similarly, if you love to enjoy this recipe with Kabuli chana, you can boil some of them in a pressure cooker and add the same in the recipe. I personally do not like the taste of Kabuli chana or matar that most of the vendors provide.
The homemade recipe is easy and can be prepared on the weekend for the family. For Instance, you can also prepare papri Chaat in the same way by reducing the quantity of aloo tikki and increasing the quantity of mathri.
Can we prepare burger out of the same aloo tikki patty?
In conclusion, if your children demand burger out of the blue, you can Reserve the weekends for preparing aloo tikki and Burger. The same recipe can be used as the patty for Burger.
Most of the people prefer this recipe tasting a little bit sweet. Therefore, adding a little bit of Meethi chutney on the top makes the recipe even better.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at [email protected]