How To Prepare Rogan Josh Recipe At Home In Easy Way
If you cannot decide which recipe to prepare in order to you show your hospitality towards guests, pick up rogan josh recipe that is wonderfully delectable authentic Kashmiri cuisine. The mutton rogan josh a combination of lamb curry prepared out of Spices that can be consumed with Roti, a loaf of bread or Nan.
Ingredients required to prepare mutton rogan josh recipe at home –
- 5 tbsp ghee
- 5 cloves
- 1 tablespoon dry ginger powder
- Black cardamom finely Crushed
- Half cup yogurt
- One pinch saffron
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- Hot milk
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 800-gram mutton
- One fourth tablespoon hing
- 1 tablespoon maida
- 3 tbsp fennel seed powder
Instructions step-by-step guide to mutton rogan josh recipe –
- Step 1 – combine milk and Saffron together and leave it for some time.
- Step 2 – heat some oil in a pressure Pan and add whole spices such as cardamom, clove, black peppercorns in order to fry them for 10 seconds.
- Step 3 – add whole red chilli asafoetida and cumin seeds as well.
- Step 4 – add mutton and cook for 10 minutes on high flame until it starts turning Brown.
- Step 5 – add a half cup of water and let the mutton cook for 10 more minutes.
- Step 6 – add some whisked yogurt having one tablespoon of maida in it.
- Step 7 – cook for one minute and eventually upturn one cup of water along with saffron milk.
- Step 8 – cook mutton for 2 hours until it becomes soft. You can pressure cook the recipe in order to save your time.
- Step 9 – serve hot with steaming naan.
- You can take the help of microwave to soften up the mutton.
- You can pressure cook the mutton for 20 minutes in order to reduce the time span of cooking.
- Try using ratanjot oil in order to increase the flavour of the rogan josh recipe.
- Optionally you can put some ratanjot oil on the top of the prepared recipe to make it restaurant style. Add Garam Masala at last.
- One cup dried cockscomb flowers soaked in warm water for 20 minutes.
- You can add a little more quantity of garlic if required.
The red spicy mutton recipe originally belongs to the Mughals of Kashmir. The thick red gravy is flooded with oil and ghee. also, it is never cooked in a pressure cooker because the actual flavour comes when you cook something in an open flame.
However, in order to make lamb tender and save some time, people are now into using a pressure cooker to reduce gas consumption and time wastage.
Ratanjot was traditionally used for preparing rogan josh recipe by Kashmiris. However, it is barely available in the market so people avoid using it. Ghee is enough to bring flavour in the recipe. You can add some ghee while serving the rogan josh.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org