How To Prepare The Bengali Luchi At Home In Simple Steps
There is no breakfast complete without the fluffy and delectable Bengali luchi that is a classic combination of deep fried puffed bread if serve with some aloo or Bengali curry combination. So let us prepare the bengali luchi at home by following these easy steps .
With widest range of cuisines existing on Indian subcontinent, you can extract the best of recipes from different cultures in order to experiment with different dishes and tastes.
When we talk about the Bengali luchi, here we are discussing about preparing a dish that it is absolutely white in colour and is prepared using maida, ghee and water. The dish is to serve with gravy which completes the meal.
There is somewhat difference in luchi and puri because the former is prepared using white flour and the latter is cooked using wheat flour.
Follow step by step guide to prepare the Bengali luchi at home –
- Step 1 – combine Maida, salt and vegetable oil in a bowl and prepare a dough by using some water.
- Step 2 – particularly use warm water in order to prepare a firm dough.
- Step 3 – cover up the luchi dough for around 20 minutes and knead it once again for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 – you need to make sure that the prepared dough is very smooth and plump.
- Step 5 – heat some ghee in Kadai and divide the dough in lemon size balls.
- Step 6 – apply a little bit of oil and convert the ball into a circle using a rolling pin.
- Step 7 – when the oil starts to boil, put the luchi in it and press gently using the the dotted ladle until it becomes puffy.
- Step 8 – take a tissue paper put it on a plate and serve the luchi on it.
How to serve luchi –
Luchi is not to be serve alone. It has to be accompanied with jeera rice or some sort of spicy gravu in order to complete the meal.
How to prepare Puri at home –
We should apply same for preparing the traditional wheat flour puri by replacing the maida. Also, you can skip adding salt in the dough.
- Do not overcook luchi as it doesn’t have to be brown in colour. The traditional luchi is absolutely White.
- Consume it hot.
- Make sure that you knead the dough perfectly in order to get soft luchi.
- Combine everything well
We also know luchi by Bengali flatbread that is a perfect accompaniment of tea. Since we add salt in the preparation, one can simply have the luchi all alone with some pickle.
How to prepare jeera aloo for luchi –
- Step 1 – take a deep frying pan and put some oil into it.
- Step 2 – let the cumin seeds pop after adding them in hot oil.
- Step 3 – add add boiled potatoes followed by random spices such as a turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix everything well and turn off the flame.
- Step 4 – serve the combination of luchi and spicy potato in the morning breakfast.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at [email protected]