Prepare Restaurant Style Dum Aloo Recipe In Just 10 Minutes
The quick Dum Aloo Recipe has such an amazing taste that it will get you lot of compliments. Also, nobody will come to know that you haven’t done any such hard work at all.
Ingredients required to prepare Recipe in a pressure cooker –
- Four big sized tomatoes
- 3 medium-sized onions
- 1 whole red chili
- 2 green chilies
- 2 cloves
- One green cardamom
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 tbsp whole coriander
- 5 – 6 medium-sized potatoes
- 8 – 10 cashews/ half cup khoa
- Half tablespoon black pepper whole
- Half tablespoon fennel seeds
- Half tablespoon cumin seeds
- One fourth tablespoon sugar
- Half tablespoon salt
- Half tablespoon turmeric powder
- 8-10 pods of garlic
- 2 tez patta
- 3tb spoon Kasuri methi
- Also, heeng
Step by step guide to preparing quick Dum Aloo Recipe in a pressure cooker-
If you don’t have the energy to go to a restaurant or invest much time in preparing a delicious recipe, we have got an innovative method to cook here.
Luckily we have a pressure cooker to resolve our date to date kitchen requirements. Once, you learn to prepare the quick dum aloo recipe in a pressure cooker.
Furthermore, you will never feel like preparing the recipe in a normal way.
- Step 1 – in a mixer grinder take all the ingredients together except potatoes, Kasuri methi, oil, and salt. make sure that you roughly chop onions and tomatoes before adding them onto the grinder.
- Step 2 – add a little bit of water and create a smooth paste.
- Step 3 – peel the potatoes and cut them into two halves.
- Step 4 – take a pressure cooker after that, add oil, Upturn the mixture followed by one cup of water, potatoes, salt, and Kasuri methi. Hence, give it a good mix using a ladle.
- Step 5 – close the lid of the pressure cooker and give it around 5 -6 whistles on a medium flame.
- Step 6 – let the pressure release naturally and also check whether the potatoes have become soft. If yes, you are ready to enjoy the amazing dum aloo recipe. Else, you can give it a couple of more whistles.
Just a little bit of oil and you are there with the most exotic dum aloo recipe at your disposal. Frying the potatoes and then putting them into a gravy is very hectic.
Moreover, it is quite unhealthy because first of all, you need to add a lot of oil while frying the potatoes and secondly that is a whole lot of oil consumption in cooking the gravy.
However, using a pressure cooker you can cook everything quite well in very minimal oil consumption. Moreover, the nutrients of the food remain intact because there is little scope for them to fly.
It is better to use a steel pressure cooker instead of an aluminum one because nowadays that is the trending thing. Also, Aluminum has a tendency to react with food ingredients thereby creating diseases.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org