Punjabi kadhi or simple kadhi recipe is all about mixing correct amount of ingredient together in a a proper way to create a delectable recipe for dinner or lunch. Simple kadhi recipe in most of the time clubbed with plain rice and paratha for lunch. You can enjoy the delightful meal along with some peanuts and red chilli pickle. Here is the recipe to prepare the best north Indian kadhi recipe that will definitely get a lot of appreciation from your entire family.
Ingredients required to prepare simple kadhi recipe at home
- 375 gram curd
- Half tablespoon turmeric powder
- Half tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- one cup mustard oil
- 2 red chilli
- 10 curry leaves
How to prepare Pakoda for kadhi :
- Step 1 – 1 cup of Gram flour and mix it well with red chilli powder and salt as per your taste. Mix some water and keep on whisking the batter so that it becomes fluffy.
- Step 2 – add oil in a deep frying pan and add one tablespoon of batter to fry Pakoda until they turn absolutely crispy.
- Step 3 – in order to prepare the curd mixture, take 375 gram of curd and mix it with gram flour, Garam Masala, salt chilli powder and turmeric as required. Cup of water and the next step is to prepare tasty and simple kadhi recipe at home very quickly.
- Step 4 – take a large pan with oil into it. Subsequently, add fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds in it.
- Step 5 – add Pinch of asafoetida and upturn the pan with curd mixture. Let the mixture boil for 15 minutes in high flame and keep on stirring it.
- Step 6 – add Pakoda in the kadhi and mix it very well. Serve the recipe hot and enjoy it with cooked rice and chapati with your loved ones to make special moments together.
How to enjoy Punjabi kadhi recipe even better?
You can add a Tadka of onion in the recipe for making the pleasurable recipe even more exotic. Kadi Pakoda can be consumed with some hot tea and tomato ketchup. one can enjoy kadhi in the morning or night, the taste stimulant recipe is famous amongst Punjabi, Sindhi, Gujarati, Rajasthani and Maharashtrian. Every person has a different version of kadhi all together. However, the common ingredients have been shared in this recipe page so that you don’t feel confused at all. The thicker the curd is, the creamier be the kadhi.
Few important tips to remember while preparing simple kadhi recipe
- Use full fat curd and amchur powder to give a twist.
- Best use mustard oil while frying the pakora for kadhi recipe.
- Always use curry leaves in order to to give a better taste to any recipe that you are cooking.
- Always use high quality ingredients.
- Add some more water in the gram flour mixture in order to make the Pakoda soft. Make sure that you do not add excess water because the Pakoda will simply start breaking apart.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at email@example.com