How To Prepare The Nutrilicious Masala Bajra Khichdi At Home
The goodness of millet minimizes the risk of diabetes and provides the optimal level of magnesium and phosphorus to the body. The phenomenal masala Bajra Khichdi can be prepared with lots of spices.
In order to add more taste to the millet, pearls point the easy to prepare recipe can be cooked in just 10 minutes. It can be served to three people at once point.
If you are ever in a hurry and need to prepare something different and tasty. Then Masala Bajra Khichdi recipe should be your first choice. The yummy taste of Bajra mixed with ginger garlic paste, moong dal, Cauliflower florets, and tomato.
All of it provides a differentiated taste to the recipe. You can pressure the Bajra Khichdi recipe in order to reduce the cooking time.
Follow These step by step guide to preparing Masala Bajra Khichdi At Home –
- Step 1 – take one cup of Bajra and soak it in water for around 2 – 3 hours. You can also leave it overnight.
- Step 2 – take one tablespoon ghee in a pressure cooker and add one tablespoon jeera and saute it.
- Step 3 – add half tablespoon turmeric powder in the same and bajra followed by half cup of overnight soaked moong dal and salt.
- Step 4 – Add 5 cups of water and close the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Step 5 – Let it cook for or around 5-6 whistles and check after the pressure has been released naturally.
- Step 6 – Take one tablespoon ghee in a pan and add 3-4 green chilies followed by one tablespoon ginger garlic paste.
- Step 7 – saute everything and add one finely chopped a medium onion and two diced potatoes.
- Step 8 – add half cup tomato puree, half cup diced carrot, few cauliflower florets, boiled peas, half cup french beans and saute everything.
- Step 9 – add half tablespoon turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon red chili powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder and 1 tbsp Garam Masala in order to add more flavor to the prepared mixture. Add the Bajra Khichdi and salt at last.
- Step 10 -Take a pan and put 2 tbsp ghee in it. add a little bit of Hing and toss the tempering in the entire recipe in order to give humongous taste boost.
The overall decision of adding vegetables is it totally up to you. If you do not like to add many vegetables in the recipe. You can also alter the recipe in your own way. Also, you can add more onions and tomatoes depending upon your personal taste.
- Wash Bajra before soaking it
- Soak moong dal overnight before cooking
- Make sure that you mash the vegetables so that they provide the best taste.
- Add more quantity of Ghee in order to bring flavor in the recipe.
- You can pressure cook the vegetables if you wish to reduce the cooking time.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at email@example.com