How To Prepare Restaurant Style Idli Sambar At Home
Love the South Indian food in restaurants? Now you can prepare it at home. With the quit pick idli sambar recipe Shared here, You can have the idli sambar recipe for breakfast , lunch or dinner depending on your choice. In fact, Idli and sambar is an ideal tiffin recipe. In case you fall short of sambar, you can even fry the Idli and pack them up in the different with little bit of tomato ketchup.
Sundays are perfect for breakfast like idli sambar and dosa . filled with protein and health, kids would love you for the Exotic recipes that has goodness of vegetables and has a yummy taste.
How to prepare sambar –
- 1 cup chana dal
- Half cup udad dal
- half tablespoon jeera
- 6 Red Chillies
- 1/4 tablespoon methi dana
- 2 tbsp ground coconut
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 5 cups of water
- 1 medium carrot, pumpkin,2 large tomato and small brinjal
- One big onion
Step-by-step guide to prepare sambar at home –
- Step 1 – pressure cook all the Dal and vegetable Together by using some water.
- Step 2 – prepare a paste of tomato and whole spices.
- Step 3 – saute tomato paste for a couple of minutes and upturn Dal on it.
- Step 4 – simmer for a couple of minutes and add sambar powder along with salt in order to complete the recipe. You can use Meethi neem and tamarind optionally.
How to prepare idli –
If you are looking forward for some soft Idli recipe, read the step-by-step guide that we have got for you.
Ingredients required to prepare idli –
- 2 cups of rice soaked overnight and ground.
- one cup of dhuli urad dal soaked and ground
- cooking oil
- grounded half cup poha
Step by step guide to prepare idli –
- Step 1 – mix ground dal and rice after grinding separately.
- Step 2 – Grease the Idli mould using some oil and place it it in the cooker.
- Step 3 – put the batter in the mould and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Step 4 – serve hot with sambar.
Pro tip –
- The more you let the better sit, the more fluffy and softer would be your idli.
- You can use hot water to soak dal and rice overnight in different vessels.
- you can use any kind of rice to prepare the idli.
- You can store the remaining batter for 3 -4 days.
- Adding one cup of ground poha in the recipe would make the Idli more fluffy.
- You need to have a thicker consistency in the batter of Idli as compared to the batter of dosa.
- You can take more quantity of rice say 4:1 ratio if you are only into preparing idli sambar and not dosa
- Initially the beginners might face a little bit of trouble while preparing the idli but eventually it will come out well.
- Make sure that you grease the the mould before preparing the idli
- Scrape the Idli only when it is slightly cold.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org