How To Prepare Idli Aloo Sandwich At Home In Few Easy Step
Children are always looking forward to having something different apart from their regular meals. They just don’t like having dal chawal sabji Roti everyday, unlike we adults. Therefore, it is a better choice to prepare healthy snack items such as Idli Aloo Sandwich At Home that is good for the body.
The regular idli batter is prepared by combining one cup of whole udad dal and 3 cups of rice soaked, ground and fermented overnight. in this way, you can also, help your children to consume a lot of nutrients in a very peaceful manner. what else does a mother want more?
We would suggest preparing the idli sandwich using the normal Idli batter instead of using any kind of shortcuts such as semolina and curd mixture.
Ingredients required to prepare Idli Aloo Sandwich –
- One-fourth Cup each
- Grated boiled potato
- Grated carrot
- Half tablespoon red chili powder
- Half tablespoon Dhaniya powder
- Half tablespoon turmeric
- 1/4 tbsp Garam Masala
- The fermented batter for idli
Follow the step by step guide to preparing Idli Aloo Sandwich –
- Step 1 – first of all we are going to combine all the vegetables together while draining the excess moisture of carrot and potato through a Muslin cloth.
- Step 2 – Add all the spices and besan together in the vegetable mixture and Deep fry the tikki.
- Step 3 – now prepare idli by filling half bowl each of Idli batter and steaming it by Making a proper arrangement.
- Step 4 – after you prepare the round Idli, time to cut it into two halves and place the aloo patty into it.
- Step 5 – later, take a non-stick pan and add some oil.
- Step 6 – after the oil is heated, add some mustard seeds and fry each side of Idli burger properly
- Step 7 – In addition, enjoy the idly burger with green and red chutney
You can prepare the aloo patty through this method –
- boil some potatoes keep them aside.
- In the pan having oil, add 1 tablespoon each of urad dal and chane ki dal followed by finely chopped Ginger garlic paste, green chilies, curry patta, and sliced onions. Shortly, cook Everything until onion becomes colourless.
- Add spices like turmeric powder, asafoetida and add boiled potatoes and mix everything together. Add 50 ml of water and mix together. Add fresh coriander, one tablespoon lemon juice and you are done with the masala aloo. Add salt as required.
This particular masala aloo recipe is the original South Indian masala dosa recipe as well. Therefore, if you are using the same batter to prepare dosa for your loved ones, you can use the same aloo as the filling.
You and your family will definitely love the recipe because when you get to taste authentic South Indian recipe at home, there can be nothing better than that.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org