How To Prepare Gujarati Handvo At Home
Gujarati food is more than divine. The traditional Gujarati handvo recipe is a combination of fenugreek leaves, vegetables, spiced ginger garlic paste . The Wholesome dish can be enjoyed as a whole meal with green chutney or pickle. Also, you can prepare the Gujarati handvo recipe for or breakfast and have it with tea. The amazing recipe can never fail to impress your loved ones. You can prepare it quite often in a very short span of time by soaking some rice and lentils for around 8 hours. Eventually the recipe is steamed in order to make it crispy Brown and yummy in taste.
With less than 99 calories, you can quench your hunger and get hundreds of nutrients through different ingredients.
Things we need to prepare Gujarati handvo recipe at home –
- Take grated carrot, bottle gourd Methi leaves and green chilli
- One cup of rice
- Half cup of moong dal
- 1 tablespoon arhar dal
- 1 tablespoon Udat dal
- half cup of Fresh yoghurt
- 1/4 tablespoon baking soda
- One tablespoon oil
- Half tablespoon mustard seeds
- Half tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- Tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon curry leaves chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves finelychopped
- Half tbsp coriander powder
How to start preparing handvo recipe at home?
- Step 1 – first of all you need to soak the lentil and rice overnight so that they can become soft. do not soak the ingredients for less than 5 hours.
- Step 2 – rinse all the water a couple of times after soaking
- Step 3 – grind dal and rice in a grinder and eventually add Dahi to the batter.
- Step 4 – do not add much water while preparing the batter.
- Step 5 – take the batter in a bowl and add one fourth tablespoon of baking soda.
- Step 6 – let the batter ferment for 9 hours.
- Step 7 – you can find the faint smell from the batter along with minute bubbles.
How to prepare tempering for handvo recipe –
- Step 1 – in a small grinder and finely chopped garlic, green chilli, ginger, garlic, Lauki and other vegetables.
- Step 2 – take 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan add mustard seeds while you let them crackle.
- Step 3 – add one Pinch of asafoetida and chopped curry leaves.
- Step 4 – add ginger garlic paste and let the Aroma of ginger garlic go away.
- Step 5 – add the finely chopped vegetables, coriander leaves and salt together and leave everything aside.
Start by preparing handbook recipe in a pan –
- Step 1 – heat a thick Pan and spread oil around. spread the batter from the ladle and make sure that you keep the thickness around 1.5 inch . the handvo increases in size and takes a huge amount of time to cook.
- Step 2 -shake the pan gently so that the batter evenly spreads everywhere and Sprinkle seasame seeds.
- Step 3 – cover the pan using a lid and let the handvo cook in low flame.
- Step 4 – when you find the sides turning Golden brown, you can gently lift the handvo recipe to check out the golden spots located at the base.
- Step 5 – let the handvo become crisp and Golden . cover up the lid once again and let it cook well.
- Step 6 – eventually serve the batter with green chutney .
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at [email protected]