How To Prepare Gujarati Dhokla At Home
Love the sweet and salty taste of Gujarati Dhokla? Prepare it with all the hygiene and love for your entire family with the simple Gujarati Dhokla recipe that we have Shared right here.
With easy step by step guide for Gujarati Dhokla recipe, now you can make your morning breakfast and evening snacks much better. Prepare the recipe in less than 20 minutes and get the best of sponginess without any Advanced preparation. The Secret ingredient lies in the popular eno salt that would cover up the main part of the recipe.
How to prepare Gujarati Dhokla recipe?
Low fat Gujarati Dhokla is easily digestible and can be cooked by steaming the batter in a proper way.
Lets find out the ingredients required to prepare Gujarati Dhokla recipe –
- One tablespoon Suji or samolina
- 1 cup besan flour
- Three fourth Cup water
- One fourth Cup yogurt
- Half tablespoon salt
- One and half tablespoon lemon juice
- one tablespoon eno salt
- One tablespoon Chilli ginger crushed
- 1 tbsp oil
Ingredients required for tempering Gujarati Dhokla recipe
- half cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 10 – 15 curry leaves
- Half tablespoon mustard seeds
- One tablespoon sugar
- One tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- One Pinch of asafoetida
- 2 tablespoon of coriander leaves
Step by step guide to prepare Gujarati Khaman dhokla recipe –
- Step 1 – mix all the ingredients and convert it into a thick batter. Put the batter in a steamer and in a medium flame, let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 2 – make sure that the steamer is heated 5 minutes before placing the batter. Apply grease in 2 small plates using one tablespoon of oil.
- Step 3 – add some gram flour, green chilli ginger paste, salt, lemon juice water and curd and mix everything in a bowl properly to create a batter.
- Step 4 – add some fruit salt in the mixture and keep on stirring it in one direction. You will see that the size of the batter has eventually increased because of trapping air in it.
- Step 5 – put the batter in the greased plate and fill it up to half inch thickness.
- Step 6 – put the plate on the steamer and let it cook for 12 minutes.
- Step 7 – insert a knife and if it comes out clean, the Dhokla is ready for the next step.
- Step 8 – cut the fluffy Khaman Dhokla into small square with the help of a Pizza cutter or knife.
How to prepare chauka for dhokla recipe?
- Step 1 – take 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds followed by asafoetida. The moment seeds begin to crackle, add curry leaves, sesame seeds, green chilli and cumin. saute the mixture for few seconds.
- Step 2 – add one third cup of water and sugar and make it boy. Let it boil for a few minutes over high heat and immediately pour it over Dhokla so as to cover it with tempering.
- Step 3 – garnish the Dhokla with grated coconut and chopped coriander. Serve it with green chutney.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at [email protected]