How To Give A Twist To The Normal Chana Dal Recipe
Children just don’t like the normal Lauki Chana Dal Recipe and it is important to feed them with the protein-rich lentil in some or the other form. Preparing the normal chana dal likewise tur dal is not possible. It just doesn’t get that flavor and is most often ignored when prepared.
Therefore, give an exotic taste to the normal chana dal by cooking it with a combination of jaggery, tomatoes, onion, ginger, green chili and a little bit of tamarind.
The spicy chana dal recipe gets the best taste with the prepared curry. There is an overall difference in taste which makes the recipe favorite of all. The Bengal gram or chana dal is best accompanied with cucumber raita, roti, rice, and salad. You can also, have some fried Papad with the Bengal gram recipe to make your meal perfectly tasty.
Ingredients required to prepare the best chana dal recipe with curry –
- 1 cup chana dal for 8 hours.
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 2-inch jaggery
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste or one small ambia
- Half tablespoon red chili powder
- Half tablespoon turmeric powder
How to prepare chana dal recipe step-by-step guide –
- Step 1 – boil chana dal in a pressure cooker along with turmeric powder, salt, jaggery and ambia
- Step 2 – keep it aside and take a different cooking vessel in order to prepare the curry.
- Step 3 – take some ghee and add Ginger, green chili, tomato, and onion in the same.
- Step 4 – cook until it becomes like a paste. You can also, add water if you want..
- Step 5 – time to put chana dal in the prepared curry. cook for another 10 minutes. Add salt if required.
- Step 6 – server hot and garnish with coriander leaves on the top.
When you prepare your chana dal recipe using this method, it will never get rejected from your loved ones. Mothers don’t leave any possibilities to nourish the family. if you have been facing problems in feeding your loved ones you with the protein-rich chana dal, preparing it in a different way can definitely help.
- Keep the chana aside for few hours after 7 -8 whistles. You can start with the preparations earlier
- You can add a little bit of Garlic taste if you want.
- Adding pieces of lauki in chana dal provides it an even better taste.
- serve the Exotic chana dal recipe with basmati rice and hot roti
- Add water to the recipe if it becomes very thick
- Add a little bit of lemon juice If in case you end up increasing the salt content.
- The ratio for preparing any Dal is 1:5. In other words, the water content is 5 times more than the quantity of Dal.
- Always prepare Dal in the covered lid.
You can avoid adding asafoetida in the chana dal recipe this time. Every recipe can be prepared in one and many ways. It is totally up to the taste of the person how he would like to have the food. You can prepare the chana dal recipe in a soupy way and have it all alone for the dinner. Alternatively, you can prepare it thick and have it with chapati and rice.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at email@example.com