How To Prepare Meethi Chutney At Home
Meethi chutney recipe is one of the most beloved add-ons in batasha, Dahi Bada, papdi Chaat and aloo ki tikki. no matter What season it is, a bottle full of Mithi chutney is a staple keepsake of every refrigerator. And if your refrigerator doesn’t have tamarind chutney stored in it, it is time to learn the very easy recipe on this page.
How to prepare sweet and tangy Mithi chutney?
Preparing Mithi chutney is a child’s play. You can easily prepare it at home in just 30 minutes. If Stored properly in an airtight container, Meethi chutney recipe can last for more than 20 days. Tamarind and dry ginger powder Meethi chatni is my personal favourite. Also, people often prepare Imli ki chutney using date, but I have a special affinity for tamarind based Mithi chutney for enjoying my samosa, Bhelpuri, sev Puri and Pakoda .
Total ingredients required to prepare Meethi chutney recipe
- Half cup seedless tamarind
- 2 cups of water
- Half cup grated jaggery
- rock salt or black salt
- Half tablespoon Bhuna jeera powder
- Half tablespoon dry ginger powder
- Half tablespoon red chilli powder
How to prepare sweet tamarind chutney at home?
- Step 1 – take a pan and add water and tamarind in it.
- Step 2 – boil the tamarind for around 10 minutes in a medium flame in order to make it soft.
- Step 3 – add powdered jaggery and let the mixture cook until the jaggery gets completed dissolved.
- Step 4 – eventually the mixture will get thicker. keep on stirring it using a proper ladder.
- Step 5 – add coriander powder, chilli powder and dry ginger powder.
- Step 6 – add Cumin powder and furthermore simmer the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Step 7 – season it with salt and let the chutney cool down.
Is it prepared now? No there are few steps still left-
- Step 1 – let the chutney cool down and take a small mixer grinder for creating smooth paste.
- Step 2 – add some more water if required and change the chutney using a small sieve.
- Step 3 – keep the chutney in an airtight container and refrigerate the same for preparing different delicacies at home.
- You can use red chilli powder and dates if required.
- Make sure that you eliminate the seeds of tamarind before putting it in the mixer grinder.
- The consistency of the chutney totally depends upon your choice.
Meethi chatni is not only enjoyed by the elderly at home But also tickles the taste buds of little children. Instead of feeding paratha with sauce for sugar to your children, prepare Mithi chutney recipe and add it to the paratha for making it sweet and healthy.
The taste of jaggery, tamarind and dates together gives a very sweet and kindly take to the recipe. The Mithi chutney recipe is also known as Khajur Imli ki Chatni aur Khatti Meethi batashe ki chutney. You can also refer the YouTube videos for a better insight of the recipe.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at email@example.com