How To Prepare Gujarati Style Methi Thepla At Home
I have personally been a big fan of Gujarati food from my childhood. However, I could find no way out to prepare the Gujarati thepla delicacy before there existed power of internet. I could luckily prepare the flatbread Gujarati snack that has a combination of Besan, methi, curd and spices together. You can have it as a snack or as a complete meal depending on your hunger level.
The light recipe is an absolute treat for someone who always looks forward to have something different. By incorporating fresh fenugreek leaves in the recipe , you get a way to feed green to your loved ones.
The Methi Thepla recipe is all time favorite of my family. I am sure that after preparing it once, it is going to be the staple dish of your home as well.
Ingredients required to prepare Gujarati style Methi thepla recipe
- Oil for roasting
- half tablespoon Cumin powder
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of fresh fenugreek leaves
- One fourth cup of Besan
- 1 tablespoon of ginger and green chilli paste
- tablespoon of turmeric powder
- Half tablespoon red chilli powder
- Half tablespoons coriander powder
- 5 tbsp yoghurt
How to prepare Gujarati thepla recipe at home
This is the easiest version of thepla recipe that we could share here. We understand how difficult it is to collect tons of ingredients together while preparing something new. Therefore, we have to shorten up the ingredient list by eliminating several other items that could have otherwise created hassles. With these many ingredients, you will come out with the best Thepla that can be enjoyed with any Sabzi or alone.
Guide to prepare the best thepla recipe at home –
- Step 1 – finely chopped Methi leaves after cleaned with fresh water.
- Step 2 – prepare a dough out of whole wheat flour, besan, spices and Herbs along with curd mixed together. Methi leaves has got natural water in them therefore you don’t need to add much water while kneading.
- Step 3 – Let the dough rest for few minutes and after that prepare it like a normal chapati by using a rolling pin on a flat base.
- Step 4– take a iron cast Tawa and spread oil over the sides.
- Step 5 – prepare it like a normal paratha and serve the same .
- Step 6 – you can keep the Thepla in the Roti basket and have it later on with some mango pickle or sweet chutney.
Pro tip –
- Replace water with curd in order to prepare softer Thepla
- You can optionally replace oil with ghee
- Mix one fourth cup of Jowar and bajra along with the flour in order to get more nutrition
- Knead the dough more and more
Preparing the Gujarati style Thepla recipe is not at all difficult as long as you make up your mind for the same . The flavorful delicacy is one of the healthie breakfast dish. In fact, you can roast some extra thepla and have them for the next day morning breakfast.
Want to share your personal food recipe/tips with us?
Mail us at email@example.com